Anything with your personal information.
Never let others see it or write it down.
Unless your initiated contact, do not give out personal information.
Review statements, confirmations and notices.
Credit or debit cards, checks, statements, confirmations or any personal information immediately.
- less than 10% online (Go green!)
- over 40% from lost (or stolen) purse/wallet
- mostly from stolen mail or "friendly" theft
(meaning someone you know or because of a transaction you did.)
Here are some tips to help keep your information secure while getting gas:
• Look for security tape over gas pump cabinets to ensure it hasn't been tampered with by unauthorized parties. If the security tape is removed, cut or the gas pump appears tampered with, do not use it and report it to the manager.
• Use gas pumps located closer to the front of the gas station as fraudsters will typically place skimming devices at gas pumps away from the store to go unnoticed.
• Run your debit card as a credit card instead of entering a PIN number or use your credit card instead of your debit card.
If you suspect that your debit or credit card numbers may have been compromised, report it immediately to us and the authorities.
Each quarter you can bring 1 sq. ft. of personal information to shred. Any of our branches can accept your items for shred.
Notify FAST immediately if you’re missing your FAST credit card, debit card or any checks. Report credit card fraud to the 3 credit bureaus:
Equifax Credit Report Freeze 800-525-6285
Experian Credit Report Freeze 888-397-3742
Transunion Credit Report Freeze 800-680-7289